Learn How to Start Your Business
Entrepreneurs...you know that you have to draw up a business plan; research the need for your business; satisfy that need; create your brand and advertise your brand; incorporate your business and finance your business.
But do you know the hows, whens, wheres and whats?
What is in your tool box?
Our Guru Panel will help guide you through the process...
Questions to ask:
- Why are you starting your business?
- What set you apart from your competition?
- How much money to you need?
Fundamentals for starting a Business
- Write business plan
- Executive Summary
- Company Description
- Market Research
- Marketing and Sales
- Financial Projections
- Create name
- Web domain
- Choose business location
- Product placement
- Determine legal entity/structure
- Register business name
- Register for state and local taxes
- Get tax id #: EIN number
- Establish Bank Account
- Obtain necessary Forms, Permits, Licenses
- Understand Labor Law: Employer Responsibilities
- Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights
- Hire professional help: accountant, attorney
- Obtain insurance
- Obtain business logo, cards, stationary
- Website development
- List of references/helpful sites
- Pursue business assistance education